A Resume(pronounced rezumei) is a summarized document that contains your work history,skills and educational details and qualifications.
A Resume is that document which differentiates you from the rest of the lot when seeking a job. Probably the first thing a Human Resource Personnel will scan through when he receives your job application.
Importance of Resume: A well crafted Resume earns you an interview. Simple,nothing complicated about the statement. But what does a well crafted Resume mean?
How to make your Resume stand out? Is building an efficient Resume that tough? These are a few questions that you are confronted with when you are writing your Resume.
Strictly speaking writing an efficient Resume is an art. So much so that many people are making a career out of Resume writing. The art of writing a Resume needs to be mastered by everyone.
No one needs to be gifted to write a Resume. The skill of writing a Resume can be developed with a little practice everyday before you start job hunting.
Like mentioned in one of my previous articles first impression is the best impression. A Resume is a virtual image of your personality. Remember an employer is looking at your image in the Resume and it must be convincing enough to ask you for an interview.
A cult Resume and you sure have a job beckoning you. So I hope you see the importance of a Resume.
Resume Writing: All of us can write a Resume but only a few of us can write an effective Resume. The main objective of a Resume is to put forth your skills in front of the potential employer in an informative,interesting and catchy way.
Let us look at a few tips that would build an effective Resume:
1.The heading of your Resume has to be apt.
- Make your name stand out in the heading.
- Include the relevant contact information.
- Mention your job objective and your motto in life.
2.Begin your Resume with an assertion of your achievements.
- Mention about your total qualification level.
- Use catchy phrases about the progress and transition of your career.
- Make sure your heading,objective,and qualifications look like a sub-Resume.
3.Boast about your past.
- Show your work flowchart highlighting your strengths.
- Use specific dates to assert an achievement.
- Try to cleverly cover your gaps in your work history.
- Add any kind of valid internship and voluntary experience possessed.
- Make sure your past is understood upon a glance.
4.Education history and credits
- Mention your entire educational history.
- Highlight achievements as a student.
- Mention about the extra curricular activities you were associated with.
- Responsible positions that you took up as a student and your accomplishments as a leader.
- Do not make your Resume overly simple or too exaggerated.
- Mention only your achievements in a flattering manner.
- Check for any grammatical errors.
- Make sure you have the right font types and styles.
- Finally make sure you have the right Resume for the concerned employer.
A well crafted Resume is a must to find you your dream job and is sure to win you one.